New Discovery - The Book Card

It has been about a week since my last post but I tell you I have a busy as a bee making honey.  Getting back in the swing of things at the office can be overwhelming at times, but I manage to remember the routine; inhale, relax and exhale.  This routine can keep you from saying whats really on your mind at times and it tends to support you keeping a job.  Don't misunderstand me, I love my job, I love the folks I work with and I enjoy what I do...however there are those moments that drive an "A" personality such as myself just plain crazy, and all thats left to say is that "it is what it is" and that will never change.

So in the meantime however, I ran across a tutorial about creating something called a book card. I found this really interesting and could not believe how easy it was and how adorable they could be.  Most of the tutorials were in centimeters, and while I am really good with math....well the USA hasn't caught yet...so inches is all I know and converting just doesn't work well. Anyway I did find one that was in inches and it turned out rather nice, so much so that I ended up doing 4 of them. While they were all lovely I wanted to create one 6x6 but just couldn't figure it out. But the heavens were watching over me.

I met this wonderful lady Tracy, who understood my dilemna and actually took the time to figure out what measurements I needed to create a 5.5 x 5.5 book card. She had to have come straight from the direction of the heavens.  The measurements she provided were perfect in every way.  Please go visit her channel on youtube "tracylovestoscrap" and visit her blog to see her wonderful Valentine Book Card.  She even has a step-by-step tutorial with complete photos. Click here for Tracy's tutorial.

Now here is a peak at my attempt of the "Book Card".  My first one is called "Style" and I'm giving it to a friend that I think has a lot of style.

This is the front of the card.  I used the DCWV Mademoiselle paper pack, added ribbon, pearls and a simple brad to finish the front.

The paper itself carried the card with very little embellishments required.  The sentiment is one I've had for a while so I'm not sure where I got it.

Here is the back of the card and a glimpse of the spine.  Again this is part of the same paper pack which I added nothing. On the spine I threw in some glass beads to bring out the red that is already incorporated in the paper.
Finally is the inside of the book card. On the left I added a pocket that holds one of the kraft envelope that I ran through my embossing folder and then placed it inside the pocket I made.  Here you can place a bite size candy bar, money or gift card. I added a pearl sticker and a corner embellishment.
     On the right side is the shadow box that is approximately 1 inch deep. I embedded a sentiment and a purse inside the shadow box. I decorated it with pearls and beaded stickers.

        

1 comment:

Sheila H said...

Ditto my comment on your other post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...