Changing Focus

Mema's Online Store - Click Here

Hello my crafting friends.  I thought for today's post I would change my focus from the foto folio onto altering a few things starting with a hatbox.  This particular box measures 9x5x5 which is larger than the others I've altered and its round.

I had a few sheets of paper from the Bo Bunny "Enchanted" collection and I wanted to use it for something, since I've had it since it was first released a few years ago (smiles...little hoarder).
I almost didn't have enough but I made it work by adding pieces of black card-stock here and there.

I have no clue what I am going to do with it but to start I thought it would be nice to hold perhaps my more delicate scarves and gloves.  

Let's get started with a series of photos of my "Enchanted" hat-box.



Here we have a top-view of the box.  I actually stood on a step stool to take this snapshot.  I used a chipboard Memories piece and colored it with black gesso and then sprayed it with Tattered Angels  Pearl Glitter Mist and Sparkle Dust.


After removing the lid you can see the inside of the box.  Remember how I mentioned that I had to use pieces of black cardstock so as not to run out of paper...well here you can see how I pieced the two pieces I did have together.  I used the same method on the outside around the base of the box.



Of course my flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts mixed with a few black and white flowers from Recollections (Hobby Lobby Paper Studio brand). I tied a simple black bow and added a little spray of pearls I found in the bridal section at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for taking time to stop by and see what I have been up to. Now its back to finish another folio and perhaps I can create a few cards to enter in some challenges.

Remember I love reading your comments and appreciate your support.  I hope you will stop by again and often.

Sending hugs from Texas
~Lesia

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautifully altered box Lesia - it is really elegant :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...