Pretty In Pink

Hi Everyone! I am still struggling to maintain my composure and confidence that my kitchen remodel will happen this year but its getting harder and harder.  I dropped the resurfacing of my cabinets and am going with the countertop and backsplash install just to ensure it will be completed this year.

Additionally, I was informed that my quote may not have been all inclusive and if that is the case then I will surely cancel the entire order and start again next year with a different company.  I am at the point where I think requesting a refund would not be far-fetched at this point.

In an effort to stay upbeat I decided to watch two young ladies who always bring a smile to my face with their candid remarks around college and NFL Sports.  Although they are new and currently have only three (3) episodes available I believe that as more games are played their episodes will grow along with their viewing audience. 

I decided to share their latest video with you and I think you're gonna get a laugh and you're gonna love'em. So if you are a female sports fan, and want to be heard check out this quick funny video below (if you have time) and grab a laugh for the day or skip down to the card I have to share.  



Now that you've had a laugh for today please consider visiting YouTube and leave feedback for these ladies. Remember although they are giving out a few facts, most of their statements are based on their personal opinions. Follow RnB Lady Sports Talk on Youtube and sound off with your thoughts.  BTW the lady on the right is my beautiful and precious daughter-in-law.

The card I have to share today actually started out as a birthday card for a girl, but unfortunately I discovered that the card was needed for a boy but I was to invested to quit. So I made a few tweaks and continued with my card. I'll finish the birthday card later.


I used Bazzil 85#-cardstock for my base and my mats which added a bit of weight to the card.  The designer paper is a single sheet I picked up at Michaels but I can't remember the brand. I used the Heirloom Legacy die from Spellbinders as the front mat and used the Flag die by Memory Box to create my greeting. All the pearls came from Hobby Lobby which I think are by Paper Studio.



On the close-up you can see where I tucked a small piece of a doily behind the flowers and layered a few pearls on top of it. The flowers are all Recollections and thanks to my grand-daughter each flower was given a bit of glimmer with stickles.

 This is all I have for today, and I hope you enjoyed both the card and the video.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Simply Papercraft - Challenge #37 ATG
Morgan's Artworld - Challenge #20 ATG
Cut it Up - Challenge #106 Pink or Breast Cancer Awareness
Creative Fingers - Challenge #117 ATG
Crafting With Friends - Challenge #28 ATG
Brown Sugar - Challenge #218 ATG
Art By Miran - Challenge #68 ATG
Alphabet Challenge - P for "Pretty in Pink"


Thanks for taking time to stop by

Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia~

Make Time to Make Stuff



7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Lesia - it looks really lovely!
Sorry to hear you are having such problems with your kitchen :-(.
I didn't watch the video as I don't follow (American) sports at all.
Blessings
Maxine

Creations by Shirl said...

Lovely bloom card~ TFS it with Brown Sugar Challenge~

msafrocentric2012 said...

Lovely card

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, this is so pretty! The flowers, gems and dies are beautiful together! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cut It Up!
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Sorry to hear about your renovation woes. That's always such a stressful time, especially when it involves a kitchen. Good luck with that.

Your card is really feminine and beautiful. Thanks for joining us for our Pink or BCA challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

EdenLand Designs said...

Beautiful card!! Love all the details that you've included :) Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers :)
Susan - DT

Cazro said...

A awesome card, amazing additional elements. Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...